You all know I love a good road trip!!! My Junkin’ Travels would take me clear across the Midwest if my hubby would let me!! My boys have learned to love the art of treasure hunting with no choice of their own!!!
I have put together a little Road Trip Love for all you Dirt Road Dreamers & Gravel Travelers that just so happens to coincde with our lovely little event; The Gathering. So don’t say it’s too far away. Make a weekend of it. And if you grab a couple of girlfriends you can split the cost of gas and hotel.
Hotel you say? Why yes I did. St Joseph is one of the few towns in the Midwest that boasts the home of Stoney Creek Inn. My family & I love this sweet spot not only for the rustic decor & indoor pool but it’s friendliness of the staff and cleanliness. And it’s got great rates. In fact!!!! If you mention The Gathering you can score a room for under $100!!! For just $99 buckaroos you can enjoy a lovely room. Give Shawn a call at (816) 901.9600 * 1.800.659.2220.
Now we know that you’re coming to The Gathering on Saturday September 29 between 9-5 (since you’re probably taking a class you’ll be here all day loves!!!) but on your way over you’ll want to stop by the Trash To Treasure Flea Market that opens up at 8 a.m. and supports our local museums which I happen to LOVE. You will find this event at 3406 Frederick Avenue.
Rewind to Thursday evening & Friday September 28. One of my favorite shoppes, Artistic Works by Lu, is hosting a fabulous soiree. Lu’s “Autumn Affair” is September 27 from 4-8 p.m. with a debut of her fall jewelry line and chic fashion trends. You don’t want to miss this event and all of the charming shops in downtown Leavenworth like The Candle Queen Boutique. On Friday swing by Weston, MO (all about 30 minutes from Saint Joseph), Parkville, MO and Platte City, MO for even more unique shopping. Saint Joseph also boasts great shopping that will be represented at The Gathering like Chic Boutique, Kat & Co & The Rusty Chandelier. Savannah, MO (another stone’s throw away) has sweet stores like Heavenly Treasures & the Ivy Cottage. No shortage of goodies to purchase ladies.
After your awesome day on Saturday at The Gathering….Sunday morning you’re ready to go home but not before you hit the Antique Stores along 36 Highway and in Cameron, MO. Right outside of Cameron in a rural community called Hamilton you will find the Barn Gypsy sale which you do not want to miss.
Shop Til You Drop is what gals do best and this is one weekend you can do just that!!!Comments are welcome!
You Might Be A Farmgirl If….
2. Your collections might include animals or plants.
3. You get your tan & workout the old-fashioned way.
4. You like a little Junk in the back of your trunk.
5. The smell of alfalfa or a dairy barn does not repulse you but brings sweet memories to mind.
6. You’d rather feel grass beneath your barefeet than sand between your toes.
7. You’d rather stop to shop at a feed store or roadside stand than the mall.
8. You might enjoy a trip to Cabela’s every now & then.
9. You can recognize the leaves of plants as they push through the soil or the songs of birds as they welcome spring.
10. You’ve shown up to an event and realized you have dirty knees.
11. You give yourself a manicure so as not to explain the green thumbs, broken nails and dirt beneath them.
12. Secretly you might find Redneck jokes funny and a little bit true.
Happy Spring Everyone!!!Comments are welcome!